Friday, October 24, 2008

CBS vs UO

While I'm waiting for my laundry (tips: go early in the morning, not many students want to do their laundry at 8 am), I thought hmm...I didn't share enough about my school in Copenhagen.

Copenhagen Business School (CBS), is a private university. According to their website, CBS is one of the largest business schools in Northern Europe. How big is CBS? There are almost 16,000 students (it's always difficult to find a seat in library or in cafetaria).

1. Buildings
CBS has 7 buildings located in different places in the city. If you have 2 classes in different buildings, hoho, you better bring your bike or run as fast as you can! ;)

2. Schedule (oh how I miss Duckweb!)
CBS is in semester term. You need to be careful reading the CBS class schedule because not all your classes start in the same week. I only have 1 class in the first two weeks. After that, my other class starts. And 5 weeks later, my 2 other classes start because these classes are Q2 (Q2 means classes start after mid semester).
So yes, I had many free times before and now...I have 4 classes which means...more readings and less free time! ;)

3. Mascots
CBS has no mascot. Their color is blue and white. Sports here is not as big as in the UO. There are sports club and they usually play with other universities. But, not like in the UO where students and alumni come together to support their school team.

4. Test
Usually, in the UO, oral exam is for students who take language class. In CBS, there are classes that has oral exam for your final exam. For my classes, I will have 2 open-book exam for 4 hours!I can bring my laptop (i'm not sure if I can access the internet during the exam..haha). The others will be group projects and oral exam (15-20 minutes). Oh my...I'm a little bit anxious about this since this is new to me.

5. Independent study
In here, you are expected to be an independent student. There are no office hours for you to talk to teachers. If you have questions, bring them to the class or post the questions on Site Scape (it's like Blackboard). Teachers can't tell you how they will grade you. My teacher said "It's not legal for me to tell you how much percentage the projects weigh". Interesting huh? And there are soooo many readings. The library is always crowded with students studying for hours. Attendance won't affect your grade too. Piuhhhh.. ;)

Anyway, did I tell you that I went to Tivoli again? Last week, they opened for Halloween. And now, they close again. They should have opened it until next week. But yeah, it was so fun! Tivoli was filled with pumpkins. Woohhh....

Danish flag is always everywhere. You can find them on birthday cakes, Christmas tree or even on candies.
The 1st winner of the biggest pumpkin contest. It weighs 335 kilos!! My oh my...how many pumpkin pie you can make?

That's why I love Tivoli!

Boo!

There were long lines at the entrance. It was really crowded!

I will come back to Tivoli. Actually, I got the season pass so I can come everyday! Well, they will open again in the middle of November for Christmas season! Yayy...!

No comments: