Sunday, September 7, 2008

5 Hours of Fun at Tivoli!

Thanks to the Intro Week bracelet, CBS exchange students can get discount for Tivoli's ticket.
Usually the entrance and multi-ride pass cost 285 kr (about $ 57). With the bracelet, it costs only 180 kr ($ 36). Yippee!!!

Tivoli is one of theme parks in Denmark. Located in the central city, it becomes one of the popular tourist attractions. When it's dark, the lights are so pretty. This place is really colourful and has beautiful gardens. There are some nice restaurants (with nice price of course...) and free concert every Friday!

I went here with Anja and Stefanie. Both of them are from Germany. We were in the same class at the Danish Crash course. We met at 5 pm and went home around 10.30 pm. Lots of walking, eating and talking! ;)

Tivoli has many concerts throughout the year. This week, the New York Ballet Company is playing in Copenhagen. Heard that tickets were sold out!

It was fun but too bad they only did it once!
One of the beautiful views in Tivoli. My friend from Germany, Stefanie, said "This place is really romantic."

This ride is soooo awesome. It got a little bit cold and windy though. Brrr....Too bad I can't wear my glasses so I can't really see the city really well. I saw the City Hall, the Central Station and even fireworks from somewhere around the central city.

After the ride
Anja looked so happy and me.....looked shocked, probably because the wind. ;p

Food, foods and foods! Yup, you can't get hungry here.

Welcome to China town! There was a food place called Asian Station. I was so excited to have rice with chicken or sushi. But, instead of serving Asian food they have hotdogs, french fries and fish. Oh well.....

The Pantomime Theater. That day, the show was The Little Match Girl, a fairy tale by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen.

More rides.....

The main entrance

Isn't it pretty?

I like this one. There's a nice restaurant here.

Hmm.....candy shop!

Yes....they have Cold Stone!!
When we entered Tivoli, Anja told me that there is an ice cream place from US where you can create your own ice cream. I was like...was she talking about Cold Stone?And yup......the one and only Cold Stone in Copenhagen!

Stefanie and Anja with their first Cold Stone ice cream. I had dark chocolate mint with pecan and banana. Mmm, mmm.....yummy yummy!!

We ate our ice cream and stood next to the water fountain (all the seats were taken ;p ). I said, "This is a nice way to end our day." And both of them agreed.

No comments: