Monday, September 22, 2008

Legoland Billund

I'm always fascinated by these little bricks. I remembered I had my 1st lego duplo set and when I was ready to move to the next level ;p, I built houses, an ambulance, and a farm. Lego is amazing!I usually play Lego with Polly Pockets (yes, Barbie is too big for Lego).

Lego is originally from Denmark. The word Lego came from let godt which means "play well". Wikipedia has some interesting facts about Lego. Check it out!

Two years ago, I went to Legoland California. It was a little bit boring. I only enjoyed 3 rides. Most of the rides are for children under 12 years old. And by the way, you should try their fried apples with their cream cheese dip. Mmm, yumm....

Anyway, I really enjoyed my trip to Legoland Billund! They have a 4D Lego movie (not in Danish but in gibberish..haha), 5 different theme rides, a Lego tower and a huge concert place!This year is actually Legoland's 40th birthday. They have concerts every weekend for this month.

Billund is located in Jutland island. I went there by bus with other CBS exchange students. It took us 3 hours from Copenhagen to Billund. We passed Funen island, an island between Jutland and Zealand. Too bad I missed the bridge!! I slept in the bus the whole time! ;p

The main entrance. Welcome to Legoland!!

Me and the miniature of Nyhavn at Copenhagen. Everything is made out of Lego bricks!

Sleepless Legoland!

The Statue of Liberty.
The model is 9 meters high and is built with 1.4 million Lego bricks!Wow.....!!

Now, I can tell people I've been to Amsterdam! ;) The windmill and the boats can move. Even the trains too...

It's a huge castle! It's too big for a restaurant and a mini rollercoaster. Not made from Lego though.

Mini Mount Rushmore in Legorado Town.
I forgot how many pieces they used for this.

Yummy mini doughnuts!Oh my...They don't have apple fries but this doughnuts are good too!

The "Extreme Riders"...hoho...it was quick and fun!

Greetings to you, my friend!

This is the miniature of Norway.

At the Legorado city, children (and adults too) can trade their golds into a Lego medal.

Hmm, should have brought marshmallows so I can make smores! ;)

I think this is best roller coaster picture ever because I opened my eyes!! Woohoo....

The Legoland trip was really really FUN!!One of the happiest place on Earth!Hoho... :)
Got to go now. My potatoes are ready! I'm going to make a potato salad with greek yoghurt. Mm, hope it will turn out good.

4 comments:

Arnold said...

bu, koq anda bisa ada di denmark??
bukannya lo uni. di U.S.??

btw nice picture van..

gw jg ada blog tp isinya foto2.. kiranya sudi ,mengintip dan memberikan komen ato salam.. ihihihi..

di: arnolddotwijaya.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Van, lego nya keren2 lohh.
Lo perna ke lego land yg di california juga kan? Kerenan yg mana van?

durianspringroll said...

iya nold...gw lg di denmark buat exchange program ampe december.januari balik ke amrik lagi kok. ;p

makasi loh udah mampir!
cieh....lo pake nikon yaa??gw pake canon and bener2 ga tau apa2...masih dongo..cuman foto2 asal aja..hahaha...

thanks loh!

durianspringroll said...

hi fen!!aku senang kamu baca blogku...ga kayak si ipong, ipet ama maureen *wee, mrk sadar ga ya??
haha..

iyaa...kerenan legoland disini fenn..kan aslinya dari sini..and lebih bagus dehh!!

pas di cali, ugh, boring boo....hahaha...