Monday, August 25, 2008

Flavors of København

Everytime I have a "food adventure", I always take pictures of the food so that I will remember the flavors of it. :p Here are some pictures taken from my "food adventure" since I arrived in Copenhagen. Velbekomme!
Oh yes! Soft ice-cream with dark chocolate sauce and pistachio toppings from Chocolate by Hand. When I came to this shop, I felt I was dipped in a pot of melting chocolate. The smell really makes you want to buy 4 dozens of their chocolate squares!
Just looking at this picture makes me drool already!*oops

I bought a 3-layer cake, which is common for Danes's birthday cake. I put strawberries, whipped cream and.....yes, the evil Nutella. My Danish friend told me that Danes decorate their cakes with small Danish decoration flags. The strawberries here are so tiny and cute!

A small thin-crust pizza. Toppings: ham, pesto, cheese and tomatoes. In every corner, you will find many small restaurants that sell pizza, pasta and kebabs for affordable prices (35 kr or $ 7 for a small pizza). There are several kebab places next to my dorm that keep calling me to come inside. Hoho...who wants to join me?

Yoga Peach Juice. Highly recommended. It is really good!!!

Falafel that I brought at Strøget. It reminded me of falafels in front of the U of O Bookstore. :)

Gelato. I had a mix of tutty-fruity and chocolate. Mmm...You can find many gelato parlours in Copenhagen. They are everywhere!

Jeg vil gerne have en flaske mineralvand. I will have a bottle of mineral water.
Couple days after I arrived in Copenhagen, I didn't really like the tap water. It taste different.
Today, I actually just bought lemon juice for my drinking water.

I have to admit that lately I have cravings for eating jasmine rice. So, I made chicken curry. Curry with warm rice. Yes, yes. Me happy lah! It's quite difficult to get Asian foods and spices. I could get soy sauce at most groceries stores but not Indomie or peanut sauce! ;p

Where I live right now, Nørrebro, has many little shops that sell food products from Germany, Turkey, Spain and even Thailand! In this area, many families are mostly from Middle-East countries. I will definitely have a blog post about Nørrebro!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Vania! One day you and I are going to make Chicken Curry together. Will you be in Eugene for fall term?

Oh, and I just lost the game...