Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taler du Dansk? Do you speak Danish?

Jeg hedder Vania. Jeg kommer fra Indonesia. Jeg lesser business.

I've been learning Danish since last Monday. Two people told me that Danish is not a language. It's a throat disease. The pronunciation is different compare to what is written. My crash course will end on Friday so I won't be able to make a 5 minute speech. But, at least, I know how to introduce myself, how to buy groceries and tell the time.

During the crash course week, students can join the social evening activities. On Monday, we learned about Hygge. It means cozy. Yesterday, we had BBQ at Island Brygge.

My friends from my Danish class. Tiziana from Switzerland, Stefani from Germany, Jessica from China and Anja from Germany.

Danish sweets.
BBQ at the Island Brygge. We were divided into groups of 4. Each group got a disposable grill, 4 steaks, 4 sausages, garlic bread, tomatoes, potato salad and marshmallows. We even got instruction of how to do use the grill, how to cook the meat and how to melt marshmallows!

The CBS exchange students.

Our group had trouble with the grill. As you can see, half part of the grill wasn't ready. We looked at other groups and saw that most of them were doing fine. Haha. We almost decided to go to a restaurant. But, we made it. :)

Tomorrow, students are supposed to cook a dish from their own countries. I'm planning to make Nasi Goreng since it's really easy to make. Unfortunately, I don't have the cooking utensils to make it. What I have in my kitchen are 2 small pans, eating utensils and 2 plates. Hmm...

No comments: