Sunday, August 31, 2008

Free time in A Rain-Free Day

What will you do if you have free time in a great weather?

a. Go to the beach (Too far and didn't bring my sunblock lotion)
b. Bake cookies and invite friends to come over (Don't have enough kitchen utensils. Anybody wants to send me some kitchen stuffs?)
c. Get a free ice cream with free dark chocolate bits topping. (Not possible)
d. Go to the Freetown Christiania where it's the "Hippiest place in Denmark". (I better go here during the day instead of evening.)

So me and my rooomate, Aga, went to Christiania at the eastern side of Christianshavn. We followed a group of people assuming that they're going there. We walked for about 20 meters and we saw a building with grafitti all over it. I heard noise people skateboarding and heavy metal music. I said to Aga, "I think we're in the right place."

We weren't allowed to take pictures. My Danish course teacher said that it's because they don't you to take pictures of them selling illegal stuffs. Well, I wasn't expecting they will sell it in front of tourists (Christiania is one of tourist attractions in Copenhagen). And, yup, there I saw people selling marijuana. We went to the food places because Aga was hungry. But when we arrived, Aga didn't feel hungry anymore.

I heard that you can't live there without the approval of the Christiania's community.The place was really interesting. Some people go there to buy (and use) drugs or watch music concerts. Some people go there to see Christianian people because they are different. They have their own rules. They are there because they want to be free.

The entrance of Christiania.

"You are now entering the EU"

Vor Frelsers Kirke (Our Saviour's Church)
I can't get in because it was under construction. Too bad, I would love to see a pipe organ from 1698!As you can see from the picture, the church has a spiral tower. Reminds me of churches in Russia.

A couch boat! I want to be on that boat and watch television and be couch potato!

Me and Aga.
She's from Poland. She drove from Poland to Denmark. Wow! And she makes awesome crepes!!

We brought some delicious breads and sat on a bench next to the canal. Looking at boats, people and pigeons was really relaxing. Hmm...I love it!

Well, school starts tomorrow and my first class is at 8 am. Go go, Vania!

No comments: