Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nationalmuseet: A Journey to the Beginning

The National Museum of Denmark
10, Ny Vestergade

Can you understand this? In the museum, they have a list of the alphabets during stone age.

The wind instrument from late Bronze Age.

A silver cauldron. Weight 9 kilos. Made around 100 BC.

In the People of the Earth exhibition, they have collections from my tribe, Batak! These scultures are from 1800!

They have gamelan too! And also the portrait of Sultan Hamengkubuwono.

I don't need to go to Egypt to see mummies!

I walked from the Stone Age to 21st Century. I spent almost 2 1/2 hours there. Learned a lot from this museum. I learned about people, Danish history, Roman empire, Vikings, Christianity and the Beatles (yes, they have Elvis too).

Next destination: Dansk Jødisk Museum (the Danish Jewish Museum)

No comments: